A few months ago SkinBetter Science unveiled their Refresh Collection, so naturally I had to give these new products a try! If the name sounds familiar it is because they are the makers of two of my most favorite products: AlphaRet and Alto Defense. The line launched almost two years ago with only a few core products which have been wildly successful, but they were still missing the essential steps: cleanser and moisturizer.
I am going to break down these three products for you below. What they do, my experience using them, and whether I would recommend them. Please keep in mind this is my personal experience and opinion. What works for one may not for the other, and vice versa. Hope this is helpful 🙂
Oxygen Infusion Wash:
What’s in it:
- Salycilic acid, Glycolic, Lactic, Citric Acids
- Oxygen infusing complex
- Hydrolyzed jojoba esters
- Immediate brightening effect, light exfoliation
- Does not foam
- Cannot be used on the eyes to remove eye makeup
- I used it for my AM wash and after a few days my skin got dry
- Would be a good cleanser for very oily or congested skin
Detoxifying Scrub Mask
What’s in it:
- Clay based
- Can be used as a scrub or a leave on mask
- Good for oily/congested skin
- Absorbs excess sebum
- I used it as a scrub in the shower a few times. Did not leave my skin refreshed or glowing
- Used it as a mask a couple of times. Goes on smooth and dries to a light powder white color. Does not feel tight.
- I am oily/acne prone and it did not seem to clean my skin out very well.
Hydration Boosting Cream
What’s in it?
- Keeps skin barrier healthy
- Niacinimide and skin identical ceramide blend
- Skin lipid emollient complex
- Red Algae Extract- binds moisture faster and longer than Hylauronic Acid
- I personally don’t use a moisturizer because i’m acne/oily and my skin is healthy and balanced enough without…BUT
- I use it in backbar during my treatments and it’s very nice
- No smell
- No shine