Patients are always asking me what my favorite products are. Truth is I have many favorites, it just depends on the skin type or condition I am trying to treat. I carry an assortment of different skin care lines and from those cherry pick the products I like best. Of those there is a list of three products that I feel everyone should be using. These can be used on all skin types and will not cause dryness, irritation, or breakouts. Basically if you have skin, you need these in your product cabinet-stat!
- SkinBetter Alto
This amazing product is one powerful antioxidant (look back on my post about benefits of antioxidants). So good in fact it was awarded Allure’s “breakthrough product” award for 2017.
- 19 powerful antioxidants (including Vitamin E, C and coenzyme Q10)
- Neutralizes free radicals (acai, turmeric, cocoa, green tea, grape seed)
- Enhances skin’s vitality and radiance (coffee & safron)
- Promotes a more even tone (anti-pollution complex)
- Reduces appearance of skin redness (blend of skin soothers)
Application: This product can be incorporated into almost any skin care regimen. Apply morning and evening to the face and neck after cleansing and prior to any other serums or treatment creams.
2. PCA Detoxifying Mask
I have tried many masks and this is hands down my favorite. Charcoal masks are all the rage right now and nothing comes even close to this one!
- Japanese white charcoal and clay absorb excess dirt, oil and debris
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Deeply detoxifies pores and helps support a clear complexion
- Calms the skin and gives it a beautiful glow
Application: Apply a thin, even layer over entire face and neck and leave on until dry. Use once a week or as needed.
3. Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF
This brush-on mineral sunscreen has been a long time favorite of mine and was just awarded InStyle’s 2017 “Best Beauty Buys”. Available in an SPF30 or 50 UVA/UVB protection, this finishing powder can be used over makeup or on the go for re-application. This is great for all skin types, especially oily and acne prone skin that typically breaks out from traditional liquid sunscreens.
Application: Can be used directly after your morning routine (over makeup or skincare products if not wearing makeup) or throughout the day to give yourself a touch up.
All three of these products are medical grade skincare and only use the finest ingredients. Most of these can only be purchased from a medical aesthetician. If you are in the Phoenix, Arizona area I carry these in office. If you are not you can go to their respective websites and click on the physician locator link to find a medical aesthetician near you.